François-Guy Thivierge Reaching the summits
Aussi disponible en français sous le titre : AUX SOMMETS
Adventurer and mountaineer François-Guy Thivierge has conquered the highest peaks on the planet. His book, aimed at both explorers and the general public, is a passionate account of the path that led him to “reach the summits.” Magnificently illustrated with images taken on the spot, this 240-page coffee-table book features over a hundred colourful photographs as well as fascinating texts about mountaineering and the art of testing one’s limits.
Like a true world tour, the book takes the reader in turn to Aconcagua in Argentina, Kilimanjaro in Africa, Everest in Nepal, Vinson in Antarctica, Denali in Alaska, Elbrus in Russia and the Carstensz Pyramid in Indonesia as well as the North and South Poles. An area map, data sheet and useful information are provided for each destination. The author also reveals secrets of the human qualities that are the cornerstone of any achievement.
François-Guy Thivierge is one of the rare individuals to have reached the highest summit on each of the seven continents and also to have explored both poles. He offers an account of an extraordinary adventure dotted with pitfalls, which for readers will prove to be a source of inspiration. All will uncover a breathtaking story and a lesson on how to approach personal challenges, whatever they may be. The volume will be published simultaneously in English and French in fall 2011.
- A remarkable book that people will enjoy offering as a gift during the holiday season.
- Magnificently illustrated with over a hundred professional-quality colour photographs.
- At once a chronicle of adventure and personal growth, coffee-table book and reference guide, it has something that will appeal to everyone.
- A story that spans the globe and meets the reader’s need for escape and change of scenery.
- A source of inspiration for surpassing oneself and striving one step further thanks to a dynamic and motivating narrative.
- Intended for both explorers and a general public of all ages.
Having conquered Everest and the highest summit on each of the seven continents, climber and lecturer François-Guy Thivierge is no stranger to hard work. A native of the Quebec City area, he has some 3,000 ascents under his belt, has toured some fifty countries and skied both of the poles. His strong determination also prompted him to establish the Roc Gyms climbing centre and the Montagne de l’Espoir foundation dedicated to supporting young people in need. In addition to his thirst for the most daring of adventures, François-Guy Thivierge pursues a major dream: that of sharing with others his driving passion and the values the mountain has taught him.